Friday, June 5, 2009

Better than the Bestest.

I have to start out this day by writing down a Caitlyn quote from last evening as I tucked her tightly into the bed. I expressed how much I loved her and it became somewhat of a game. I don't remember my words but I hopefully will remember the words she used forever and tucked them away somewhere in my heart... especially before the days come when she may not always want to share these same thoughts:

"Mom, I love you to the heavens and back. That must be super far away because we don't even know where heaven really is!"

I do remember telling her that she was the best Caitlyn in the whole wide world to which she replied:
"Well I think you are better than the bestest mom in the whole wide world."

She has such a sweet heart. Yesterday she was a little teary-eyed ending her first day in school in Ms. Lytle's first grade class. I was also a little teary-eyed thinking back at how fast the year flew by, and realizing that we only will do this 11 more times!
Her words of encouragement were truly what I needed yesterday. I am so thankful for my little ones, but there are many times that I think I am not doing a good enough job spending time with each of them. Sometimes I have so many doubts fly through my mind and many times I wish there were more hours in each day. I have fear of great failure and I am constantly reminded that there is no way I can do any of this in my own strength.
I do not rely on these kind of sweet words from my kids, but definitely see them as grace from the Father above.
I also have no doubt in my mind that because He gifted me with each of these children, He will also lead both of us to raise them in a way that no one else could for the time that he gives to us with each of them.

I pray that every mother out there would realize the same. Instead of comparing ourselves with each other, let us encourage each other in the Lord that as He entrusts our children to us, He will also be faithful to give us at every moment exactly what we need to get through each day.
Your are also "better than the bestest" mom in in the whole wide world to the children the Lord has gifted you with.

No comments:

Post a Comment