Sunday, August 30, 2009

First day of school, tea parties and more...

The first day of school for the second year in a row. I could go into much detail about how difficult/rewarding this journey has been. Last week I spent at least 2 nights up until 2am...so for all of you our there who have prayed or are still praying I greatly covet and appreciate those prayers. As difficult it has been, it has provided a way for me to home school my kids three days a week. It has also provided me with yet another way to prove how faithful our Father is and how He carries me! Every time I hit a wall, a complaint, a series of complaints, a rude phone call/e-mail...He carries me...and somehow He provides me with an abundant amount of energy and grace to follow through with what He has called me to do. As many times I have kicked and screamed yelling, "I just want to walk away now!" He provides a way. And, after I take a deep breath and look around I realize that this is exactly where I am supposed to be.


Without the structure provided by the school and teachers, I would not be here. I would also not have two days a week with my little ones. That by itself has been so worth it as they are such a joy to be with...there is something about a change in group dynamics every now and then!


We spent our last days before school in the pool! Now, sometimes it hard to pack that activity in during the weekdays with school now filling up our days...I tried to capture the kiddos the week before we started school. Cailtyn and Micah are swimming so well!






I have been trying to spend some extra special time with C&D on the days that the bigger kids go off to school. Cassidy LOVES to do preschool, as she calls it, so we often do work on school together on those days. She is another one who really loves to learn!

Last week when the kids went to school I thought it would be fun to have a tea party. I got the little girls all ready...nail polish, dresses, bracelets, and more! We had chocolate milk and muffins for a special treat and served our food with their nicely cleaned tea set.

They had a blast and talked about it all week! I was rarely like this as a girl so I often have to remind myself to plan these girly things every now and then. :)
















This was Dakota's birthday! It was funny how it worked out. I didn't really plan a party, but it turned out the day of her birthday everyone from our family (On Greg's side...my parents were out of town) could come help us celebrate.




This was at the lake...she is in the hammock swing with Daddy....






Happy Smiles:

I like this next picture...three happy cousins playing :)





Cassidy enjoying her muffin at our special tea party:



Just another one of my sweet little girl growing up way too fast:


















1 comment:

  1. I loved the pictures, especially the ones of the tea party. We need to do that sometime here. Ashley would love it!

    So, you homeschool three days out of the week and then Caitlyn and Micah go to school the other two days?

    ReplyDelete