Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pumpkins!!

I have neglected writing lately. The start of another school year has put me once again in a schedule of absolute craziness. Good crazy, but busy. I feel like I am now living in the middle of all of those quotes by other moms, who, when they would look at all of my little ones would say, "You think it is crazy now, just wait until they all start school, or activities, or whatever."

I never exactly knew what they meant until now. :)

Our days have been FULL but through it all we continue to be very much blessed during our family time!
School has added another challenge due to the fact that I am teaching both Caitlyn and Micah. I know there are many, many moms out there who home school many kids full time, and I truly applaud them. Our school is very academic intense in the fact that we do every subject every day, which I LOVE because I truly believe that kids can pick up so many things at their young ages. Micah is already putting together in his head what it means to multiply numbers together (he is very good at math) and is reading very well. Caitlyn is flying through large chapter books and loves history. I love that they love to learn and I LOVE it even more that I get to be a part of the learning process with them.

As you can tell from the pictures we went to pick out pumpkins this week. This is something that the kids look forward to every year.
Tonight we will carve a pumpkin together, roast the seeds and make a pumpkin pie :)

It will be good to spend some family time together.

I'll leave you with some quotes from the week because I want to remember these!!

Cassidy and Micah were both trying to talk to me at the same time. As they both started on their stories to tell me, Cassidy realized that it just wasn't working. she looked at Micah and said:
"Micah, you're into rubbing me!" (Interrupting me)

We also went to a pizza place this week. This particular place sells some bread called "crazy bread." This was the first time for our kids to eat there, so they thought the name of the bread was pretty funny.
As we all were enjoying our dinner Cassidy asked, "Could I have some more silly bread please?"



1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pictures on here, havn't stopped by the blog in a while but it's fab. Super creative with the apple carved header. Love them. Adorable kids, truly so cute. Lovies - Paige

    ReplyDelete