Monday, January 25, 2010

And so she turned FOUR!


We celebrated this little girl over the weekend. This was the first year she showed any interest in having a "birthday party." She was particular about what she wanted....down to even wanting a "purple pony pinata." Hmmmmm, when she told me this I thought for sure it was far-fetched idea and assumed that I wouldn't be able to find it. Thankfully, Target saved the day. There was in fact, a small purple pony pinata. She really has never asked for much. Until now she hasn't even shown much of an opinion for things. I guess that is what made putting her party together so fun! For the first time she worked on it with me...even cutting out the decorations that also seemed so important to her. Thankfully, almost everything that we used for decorations was made from things that we already have.
This little girl has been such a joy to our family. In general, she has a quiet attitude and often the sounds you hear from her are sad...crying sounds that is. This is one thing that we are working on together. It takes her time to talk about how she feels. She seems to soak things in throughout the day instead of talking through things. She does love to talk when we are one-on-one and she loves to read books. She also loves to "do school." Of all of the kiddos, Cassidy seems to be the least competitive. She doesn't always care to try new things just because someone else is doing it. I think this is a great quality to have in our family!
She loves "style" and loves to dress herself up cute these days. She loves finger-nail polish, make-up and dress-up, and loves the world of pretend play.
She loves ponies, she loves babies, and she loves her new dollhouse.
She has always been the one who wants to hold on to "being a baby." Sometimes Dakota is more determined to do something than she is.
I think that they will compliment each other well in this area.
So, now that she is four she seems to have more of a determination about her.
She also assumed that she grew up and "got bigger" overnight.
She woke up the morning of her birthday and exclaimed, "Look at my feet, Mom! Look! They are the size of a four year old!"
She has always been a cute and petite little girl, and our family would never be complete without the sweet little personality of Cassidy.
We love you Miss Paige!

1 comment:

  1. such a cute 4yo! I LOVE that age. I wish I could keep Chandler FOUR forever....but not really! :-)

    ReplyDelete