

She has learned to button...I love this because it reminds me of how well she can dress herself with pride:

Falling asleep in Mimi's arms...
{Cold and Joyful...that water was freezing!}
I love how Cassidy is concentrating so hard here...
{Sister Love}

{Sweet Girl}

{And...Sweet Girl : ) }

{This boy is in heaven any time we go hiking}

{This girl thinks she is bigger than she actually is}

{Sweet Girl}

{And...Sweet Girl : ) }

{This boy is in heaven any time we go hiking}

{This girl thinks she is bigger than she actually is}
{This girl is getting TOO big for me!}


{Love her big smile}

{Feeding baby goats}


{Love her big smile}

{Feeding baby goats}
{Making messes is always fun to do}

{Blowing out big Four candles!}

{This little girl is almost always crazy silly}


{Blowing out big Four candles!}

{This little girl is almost always crazy silly}

It's been a long while. One of the reasons why I posted so many random pictures! So many things to keep up with and so many things to get done in a day...now that I officially have five MOBILE kids and two kids in school :) It definitely makes a difference when the little baby that you once could "place" somewhere so nicely can actually move around and start adding to the messes of the household. I have even caught her once this week pulling toilet paper off a roll. Is this really happening already??? Where does time fly?
In the mist of all of the chaos around here, (And I do mean chaos in a very good, pleasing way... I might add) I have been reflecting and meditating on scriptures and really seeking for wisdom and direction in a few areas of what the Lord would have for me in my journey of motherhood. As the weight of these decisions took my focus away for a time and seemed so heavy to carry, I decided that I would take a "break" today and simply just play, or at least watch. I left everything undone...laundry, dishes, etc. I literally placed myself in the middle of the playroom floor and just watched. I watched Dakota take care of her little baby...nursing it to sleep, patting its little head and kissing it softly on the cheeks. I saw her do the same with baby sister (except for the nursing part!) I watched as Caitlyn set up "class" for the students in our house. I saw them working together, adding numbers, writing words and listening to Caitlyn exclaim, "You guys are SO great..this is 2nd grade work! You are both so smart!" I watched as Adelynn pulled every book off of the bookshelf with great joy and a huge sense of accomplishment. I watched as Cassidy danced her heart out to a crazy tune. I watched them make crafts, play games, read books and play "family". Then I played some games colored and read books with them some more. I must say that it was so much fun watching. And, the amazing part was that it actually worked for me to watch and be in the middle of it, silent, without having to play a part in it. I actually never recall another time that I did something like this. I mean, we play a lot, but I have actually never had the privilege to just observe. It was like therapy to me. Watching the pretend play, hearing the giggles, and even seeing the messes. We have such a full and fun house. Never a dull moment. As I watched, listened and played today, I literally felt overflowing with joy for what the Father has blessed us with. I really don't understand why He has entrusted us with so many sweet lives. As we danced after dinner to a good old Toby Mac song (Greg has every kind of tune on his phone), I heard the words, "Anything, I would give up for you...everything, I'd give it all away." Right at that moment as I watched the kids laughing and dancing silly together. The question popped in my head, "Would I give one of these lives away?" Would I pass the test like Abraham and place one of my own children in the hands of my Lord knowing that they were being taken away from me? I really don't know the answer to that now, but I do know that the incredible love of my Savior upon me is more than I can put into words. And today, that is just what He reminded me of.
As I seek clear direction, make choices in my journey of motherhood, I pray daily for His grace. I am amazed at His provisions and overjoyed by the love that He pours on us. I pray that even when I hit a "hard time" of tough decision making that I will be reminded that His grace is more than enough for every moment in the day and every breath in my life.
Oh how great is the love the Father has lavished on us.





No comments:
Post a Comment