




I had been dropping some "hints" to Greg about wanting to learn how to sew. I love learning new things, and sewing is just something I have NEVER attempted in my life before now. Caitlyn recently started asking me to teach her...And, having four girls, I thought that it would be great for me to learn so that I could also pass it on to my girls!
Well, for my birthday Greg completely surprised me by giving me a sewing machine! I was shocked. He also gave me a gift card to purchase fabric from a great little local quilting shop.It was kind of amusing when we opened it. We both just stared at it, and to be honest I was frightened I was going to break something on it just by looking at it.
I knew nothing about sewing.
So now the pressure was on!

A friend came over to show me the ropes. I remember somewhere at the beginning of the conversation she said something like, "You know how the upper and lower thread work, right?"
I replied with a quick yes.
Wait...processing.
Processing.
Processing.
Me: "Oh no. I don't know how the upper and lower thread work. Could you repeat that again?"
It was amusing. But, by the end of it she had taught me the basics. Thanks Di!
So, I just thought I would post some of what I have made so far.
It's surprisingly fun. And my girls love it.
I see lots of sewing in the years ahead...
even though I still have a ton to learn!
I will have to post the other pics later as blogger is failing on me!
Way to go Kristin! I find sewing extremely intimidating, but as per your usual, you seem to embrace challenges that come your way. Those dresses are uber cute!
ReplyDeleteAnd good job Greg for giving such a thoughtful gift!
Cute, cute, outfits!! Can't wait to see the rest. Glad you are posting pictures!! :) Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteYay!! And you can show me how to make some cute clothes when you learn ;) I have always wanted to sew too, but never have. Maybe someday. Can't wait to see you!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteVery cute outfits indeed!! Way to go....
ReplyDelete