















So, we have had lots of busy days around here. But really, what's new?
We are officially out of "school" Although I have big plans on reading at least one great book over the summer out loud and the kids have a reading list of their own. Oh yes, there are also big plans to review math facts everyday.
Three weeks into swim team and I am realizing that these are BIG plans!
It's amazing how one little change in routine can completely confuse the system.
We are enjoying swim team very much and I am very pleased with all that Caitlyn is learning and doing. It just changes the pace of things around here when we are required to head out the door every morning by 8:45. And then, the one hour practice somehow eats up three hours of the day with loading/unloading the car and rounding up kids. Oh well, thank goodness for summer!
I also had been planning to let this guy do swim team this year as well, but things just didn't wok out. Thankfully he spends the time climbing trees and watching the team, picking up critical pieces of information like how to dive, do backstroke, etc. I'm impressed with how much he has learned by watching. And, like almost everything active he does, his first attempt at a dive was seriously good.

And yes, our pool is green. Well, actually it is not green anymore, but these pictures are proof that we are getting some unusually good rain around here.

Speaking of rain, I have been wanting to write down a quote from Dakota that was absolutely priceless. One night last week we had an amazing thunderstorm that hit right at bedtime. I have never seen a brighter flash of lightening. At one point in time a picture on our wall in an iron picture holder fell forward. The walls were literally rattling from the thunder. We saw it coming in the way that the trees were blowing throughout our yard and against our windows, but I became focused on getting everyone ready for bed, so I started with Dakota. I tucked her in bed, but by the time I got upstairs the older kids were in somewhat of a troubled state by the storm. After a few enormously loud thunders and strong bolts of lightening, the concern continued to grow. Dakota sleeps by herself in the room next to ours and I became concerned upstairs that I had left her all alone by herself. So, I responded like any other mom would. I went to check on my sweet two year old. I peeked in the door and saw her laying very still in bed with her favorite "Boo" over her eyes. I asked her if she was OK and she replied with a quick yes. I went closer to her and put my hand on her back asking her again, to which she replied: "Yea mom. I'm OK. Go away."
I tried so hard not to laugh! And then I returned to the "big kids" upstairs and spent an extra time with them praying and singing through the storm.

Well, the other update in life is how busy this little girl is. She isn't officially walking yet, but she is CLIMBING EVERYTHING!!!! I pretty much can't do anything if she is awake. I have to keep all eyes on her as she has proven to be a climber. It scares me half to death. I have found her on the table numerous times, on the arm of the sofa bouncing up and down with giggles like she is putting on some kind of show. I have found her climbing up the built in book shelves in my living room! If there is anything on the floor (chair, stool, etc.), she chooses to go vertical. Maybe it wouldn't make me so nervous if she could actually prove to me that she has some balance by walking.

Well, the other update in life is how busy this little girl is. She isn't officially walking yet, but she is CLIMBING EVERYTHING!!!! I pretty much can't do anything if she is awake. I have to keep all eyes on her as she has proven to be a climber. It scares me half to death. I have found her on the table numerous times, on the arm of the sofa bouncing up and down with giggles like she is putting on some kind of show. I have found her climbing up the built in book shelves in my living room! If there is anything on the floor (chair, stool, etc.), she chooses to go vertical. Maybe it wouldn't make me so nervous if she could actually prove to me that she has some balance by walking. As you can see, at the park she was also very confident in climbing the playground equipment.
I really love this stage, even though it can be hard work at times. And, I am going to miss it so much! She is "singing" a lot now, which I love, and every night before I put her to bed I sing "God is so Good." She has now joined me in singing the words and I just love listening to those sweet sweet first sounds. Especially when it sounds like she is really trying to say what I am saying.
Then, I put her into her crib and often she keeps singing herself to sleep. It is priceless!
Then, I put her into her crib and often she keeps singing herself to sleep. It is priceless!


I've got a busy little climber (non-walker) around here too! Amazing the places she gets herself into AND on top of!
ReplyDeleteSuch fun days though....and busy, yes!
Way to go on the swim team! Have a wonderful fun-filled, memory-making summer!