"....we take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ."
This is what I have been meditating on. It is so simple and yet so powerful. I have read this piece of scripture several times throughout my lifetime, but have never really let it absorb and sink in to the very depths of my heart.
It's interesting to me that as I have mediated on it, the Holy Spirit has shed some light on my thoughts and how they are so very deceptively negative. At first glance, they seem OK, quite alright... but then to get to the very depths and roots behind the thought....I see that they are deceptively negative.
Even something so simple as..."I am SO tired..."
This thought puts me in chains. It limits me to the power that is within me from the Holy Spirit.
This thought does very little to motivate me, but on the contrary it makes me feel chained. This thoughts forces me to trade in some quality time with the kids for a lazy day read by the pool. It forces me to say "No," when in fact I could have and should have said "Yes."
"Take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ."
It seems like I have a lot of work to do in whatever amount of lifetime lies ahead of me. There are limitless thoughts that flow through my mind everyday. Like today, when I woke up with the thought of, "I'm never gonna get my two-year old potty-trained!" He caught me. :-) And now, I am trying to stay positive.
Thankfully, by the power of His Spirit, He has given me everything I need to win the battles of my mental mindset.
No comments:
Post a Comment