Thursday, July 29, 2010

Still in the twos.

Dakota is still in the twos that is.
I keep up with this blog to personally document great memories,
And last night needs to go down in writing.

Dakota was having a very difficult time going to sleep. This is very rare, as she usually goes to bed very easily, but last night we were fighting her (makes for a good evening celebrating an anniversary...but hey! We're "grown-ups" now, so we're learning that life doesn't revolve around us. Did I mention we're still learning?) Anyways, we were fighting Dakota until after 9:30. I laid down with her earlier as I was putting her to bed, and apparently she wanted more. I personally just think it is a game. OK, got off track with my thoughts again...
She kept getting out of bed and then would receive discipline for choosing not to obey. Greg and I camped out on the couch outside her room in order to "stay on guard."
Every time we would send her back she would cry. She started to settle down. The crying had ceased, but then we heard mumbling. It became louder and it was the most pathetic/hysterical sound.
She was moaning:
"Nobody hold me."
"Nobody love me."
"nobody hold me."

I was laughing and trying not to feel bad all at the same time. And, by the look on her face when I walked in her room, I knew it was all for show in order to try to get attention.
I talked to her again and she finally settled down.

I needed to write this down, because the tone and sound of her voice as she repeated the cycle of "nobody hold me, nobody love me," was one of the most pathetic things I have ever heard. She did a pretty good job at her acting. At least for a two year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment