Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Random Picture updates...in no particular order.

WAAAAY back when we celebrated the fourth, we were blessed to be able to go to the lake with my family. We had such a fun time, and the kids enjoyed some great sunshine and outside activity. Micah is still pretty much obsessed with fishing and is still quite good at it:

Caitlyn enjoys catching minnows:






Baby's not so sure about this swing:















A classic picture of one little girl who really LOVES to swim. When asked, she always says that is her all-time favorite activity:





Baby with Mimi enjoying the day at the lake:






My brother and his special one. In fact, they are both on an airplane today traveling to her home country to visit her parents. He is going to ask them the big question! He bought gifts for her whole family & I could tell he was a little nervous. Thankfully this is not the first time to visit that side of the world. In fact, I won't be surprised if he lives over there one day because he genuinely loves the culture!






It is hard to capture pictures of Micah simply because he is not fond of being on camera so I just liked capturing this genuine smile:






The kiddos all ready and waiting for a boat ride with the family:









"Big girl" enjoying the ride...










Also enjoying the ride and looking quite cute in her glasses I might add!










With Grandpa:










If you look closely at the next picture you will notice a tooth is missing...this is a first for her and a fun milestone to experience. We tried our best to convince her that the tooth fairy is real, just for kicks, but she responded with:








"Mom, don't be silly. Fairies aren't real. I know it's you who puts the dollar under my pillow!" Some days I think she is 6 going on 16. She is a real sweetie!













We got to celebrate a birthday for a friend at our house and had such a great time!

















And these last three pictures are just for fun. It's hard trying to juggle a bitty baby while taking a picture that you really want to capture without having an extra set of hands around! I discovered a kitchen bowl works rather well to keep little one in place. ;)




















Her hair is a bit longer, and she hasn't lost any yet. Perhaps it is even becoming a bit more tame.





This last picture I love because of the story behind it. The kids enjoyed their first ever VBS at a church near-by. The three oldest went and LOVED it. It was from 6-9 every evening so that gave us some down time or some time to run errands with just two kiddos, instead of five. Cassidy absolutley LOVED the songs and motions. On the last evening the kids received a CD of all the songs. I think we have listened to it at least a dozen time, probably two. This girl has by far asked to listen to it the most. She will quietly "take her stage" on the fireplace and do the motions to the songs, while she concentrates with not usually even a hint of a smile. She stays so focused but really enjoys it!
















No comments:

Post a Comment