We are seeing a downpour of rain in our parts that was desperately needed! Every time we would head out to water I would start talking to the kiddos about how we desperately needed rain for our yard, trees, etc...and so we would pray. Cassidy would look up at the drooping leaves on the trees and say, "The trees look so sad!" They were looking sad. And so we kept praying.
Yesterday, as it started to pour all of the kiddos gathered around the back window and just stared out at the rain with delight.
Our prayers were answered! Caitlyn was the first to burst out with excitement, "Thank you Father!"
It is in these moments that I am very much reminded of the grace that our Father pours down on us. He provided rain for today but He also provides a way of life for us everyday. He provided a way into the heart of a 7 year old little girl who delights in the gift of rain from her Father above.
I am also reminded that something this big is not about me. It is not about what I say or do. I can spend all of my time and energy every day talking about God, His Son Jesus and all that He does for us to my kids...but that IS ALL I can do. I can't make a way into her heart. But He can.
And every now and then I am overwhelmed with thankfulness that He chooses to do so. He leads her by His Spirit and I am blessed to get a glimpse of how He is working in her heart.
His grace is beyond measure and His love beyond anything I can fathom.
Thank you Father for the rain, but most of all thank You for the grace that You continue to pour out upon us in every season of life...rain or drought!
AMEN....on all accounts!
ReplyDeletewhat a blessing :-)
ReplyDelete