Friday, November 20, 2009

Welcome to our beauty parlor...

Some days I find it somewhat amusing that the Lord chose to bless us with so many girls. Please don't hear me wrong, I LOVE each of them more than anything, I just sometimes don't know what to do with girls. Mainly because as a child I was usually the last girl to want to do "girl stuff" like curling hair, painting toes and playing dress up. There definitely were times that I did participate in such events, but it was fairly rare... and when I did participate, it was in somewhat of a "making fun of this kind of stuff" way. I had one friend in particular that I "dressed up" with, but we over did it in a way to make fun of that sort of thing and would find ourselves more amused with it all than anything else. As a child I was more prone to playing outside, making tree houses, catching snakes and things of that sort. I am thankful to see a balance in my girls, for they all enjoy those kinds of things as well (the catching snakes may be an exception). Thankfully, since those childhood years, I have also grown up a little and I have tried to look a little more "grown up," although there are still days that I feel like I am playing dress up in high heels. I have also lost count of how many times I have taken my kids grocery shopping and have gotten the comment, "Oh! It is SO nice you help your mom out by grocery shopping with all of your siblings!" People are usually blown away when I respond with, "These are all of my kiddos!" Seriously, This happens...and no I don't usually where pigtails.



So around here we have gotten in a routine of playing beauty parlor. Usually we set it up in the bathroom with a chair washing the girls hair in the sink, putting some make-up on and painting nails. Last night after dinner Cassidy asked, "Mommy, will you paint my toes a pretty red?" How can I turn down such a request?
So, last night, after a long day we set it up. The request for red nails quickly turned to purple when she saw all of the choices come out. The other two girls chose blue. OK, so it seems that none of my girls are really stuck on pink. I HATED pink as a kid! :)



Caitlyn likes to help paint, so we both painted the younger girls nails and I painted Cailtyn's nails.















Hmmmmm. Which color to choose?



Oh yeah, this girl was looking on...hoping the hair stylist would be in soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment