Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Laugh from the past...

Found this and read it today...

April 26,2006

"Thought I would share a small piece of how hectic my week has been and how much grace God has given to me! Between Micah cutting his molars and Cassidy, well, maybe she is cutting teeth as well, I have seen every hour of the clock every night this week. And, many times I have seen every minute of the hour on the clock that I am awake...when I should be sleeping!! Last night, before I went to bed, I desperately prayed that the Lord would give me some grace and some much needed sleep. I was exhausted. AS I drifted off to sleep I soon found out that the Lord had other plans. The night started the same as every other night this week. Micah came down the stairs at about 12:00...1:00 came and I found Cassidy beside me at the bed...then 2:00, 3:00, 4:00. Did I ever shut my eyes after midnight? Now everything is getting blurry. Once again I found myself trying to settle 2 of my 3 kiddos every hour of the night. Finally...4:30 came and it seemed as if everyone was completely settled and now sleeping for 30 minutes straight. Again, I prayed to the Lord that He would somehow bless the few hours I did have until sunrise. I drifted off peacefully to sleep....until I was abruptly interrupted by a huge blow to my chest that frightened me like crazy. I sat up quickly, but was in shock, trying to logically sort out what had just happened to me. Then I put all of the pieces together in a fuzzy state of mind...the ceiling fell on me! Yes, during the last month of pregnancy with Cassidy I made a poor decision to enter the attic in crazy search for the Nativity Scene to set our for decoration. A VERY POOR DECISION. I have no balance at the end of pregnancy! I found myself losing control and creating a monster hole in what was the master bedroom ceiling. I can still picture looking at our beautiful quilt on our bed...from the attic! This is one of the dumbest things I have ever done in my life. Needless to say that Greg wasn't too thrilled about my decision to search for the Nativity scene either.
He did manage to tape up the ceiling...for a few MONTHS...

Until it came crashing down on me in the middle of the night last night.

When it happened, I couldn't help but laugh,

And I realized that even in those desperate moments of much needed sleep,

Laughter can be medicine for a poor soul.
Greg is now working TODAY on getting the ceiling fixed. :-)"

No comments:

Post a Comment