Tuesday, September 7, 2010

{8 years}


I can vividly remember sitting in the doctor's office hearing for the first time that we were planning on having our first baby. I remember hearing the doctor's word that she would be due on Daddy's birthday.
We were in shock. Excited beyond description and at the same time scared to death of what this all meant. Parenting seemed like the most challenging task ahead of us, and yet more exciting than anything we had ever faced together as well.
At first they told us we were having a little boy- We are sure glad that they were wrong and the Lord brought us YOU!




I can still remember the first feelings of labor. I was confident that you would come when you were due and so I planned an early birthday party for Daddy with the family- everyone else was sure that you would come late...
after all, you were my first. But, mommy's intuition was telling me you would be here on time and that you would be the best birthday present for Daddy. Ever.


I started hard labor on the 2ND of September and wasn't sure how I was going to make it through. You were more than worth it all.
I had no idea what to expect. I was scared, but I knew that the Lord was at my right hand and that He would see me through.
I will never forget the first time I saw you and held you. You were the first miracle that I was ever able to experience and it was more wonderful than words could describe.
I can still picture the room where I sat and held you for the first time and where I watched Daddy soak up the moments of your first few minutes of life. He was having the most exciting birthday ever. He was even missing out on his first day of work at a new job.
Your life made us a family, parents. These moments I will never forget.


You were tiny in my arms. Fragile. Beautiful.




And now look at you! Eight years later really seems like a blink in time.
Your smile still lights up a room and your laughter is more contagious than ever.
Your beauty is from the Lord- and you are beautiful both inside and out.
You love to be a peacemaker, are compassionate beyond your years,
and your excitement for the little things in life fill our home with joy.
I love how you love the scriptures and trust in the Lord. I love how you love your siblings and take care of them.
I love how you make cards for me to show your appreciation- I get several a week. You put your heart into little projects like that. You are very creative and can use almost anything to create a work of art.
You are becoming a lady. Growing up before our eyes.
Mommy and daddy could not be more proud of you.
The Lord is faithful to answer our prayers and we continue to trust that He will guide you all of your life.


Our prayer for you is that you would continue to put all of your hope, trust and faith in the very One who brought you to us. He created you in the most amazing way and we trust that he will be faithful to mold your heart and your mind to follow hard after Him. We are seeing Him bless the seeds that have been planted- what a miracle! We are seeing His faithfulness in your life.
We know that it is impossible to expect you to have a perfect life. There will be times of both triumph and testing. We pray that in ALL times that you would seek Him with all that He has made you to be.
We are so proud of you and love you very much!




No comments:

Post a Comment