




Addie seems to be changing with every passing day. Last week I decided that I would work on one word at a time to repeat over and over again, making our communication a little more pleasing as opposed to whining or screaming. We first worked on "please" and I am very proud to say that she uses it on a regular basis. In fact, I hear it all day long from her. Sometimes though, it seem as if she thinks that if she says it WHILE pulling her sisters hair she just may get her way a little faster. Um, still working on a few behavior issues, but she seems to have "please" down pat. Next, we have also been working on "more." I was about to give up but instead showed her the sign for it just once and she has been repeating it ever since. Now, we are working on "all done." She eats all day long, it seems, so I thought that phrases for eating would be helpful.
Having multiple kids is different for a lot of obvious reasons. I did learn a few things from Dakota though, that unless a little one is forced to learn words and communicate, everyone else will learn their "noise" and they will get whatever they want without trying very hard. I decided to pursue a different route on this matter :-) I think Addie will be much happier along with the rest of us.
We have also been working on "nigh-night." She has been having a little trouble going to sleep...crying more than usual, so I thought that if she learned the word, it would better prepare her for bedtime in advance. I really think it has worked! I really have just gotten her to say "nigh-night" to everyone, and she loves to repeat it. Ever since we have formed this routine she has gone to bed quietly just as she had before. We'll see if it sticks.
Other new events in her little life are climbing up the playground and going down the slide all by herself- I am there to catch her at the end and she knows to wait for me until I'm in position. She LOVES this and often signs "more" followed by a sweet little "pease," as soon as she slides into my arms. She also usually makes this incredibly excited shrill at the end of her slide as she becomes so focused on doing it again. She will do it over and over again...non-stop.
The last two pictures are to document her developing personality. She Loves to be outside, loves walks and loves to explore. She knows how to say "shoes" and will often bring her shoes to me and asked to go outside. Usually this becomes more of a battle during school hours.
She also loves to TEST her boundaries. She has a big yard to play in, however, she ALWAYS seems to want to find her way OUT. She sees Snuggles go under the gate often, so she decided one day that she would try the same route. I'm so glad she doesn't fit. :-) Silly girl!
I love that Addie is about the same age as Presley because I can just sneak on over to you blog and see what mommy things you are doing with her ;-) An easy way to get great tips. AND...Presley has just begun to mimic things our dog does SO, I was happy to see that Addie is doing the same thing and all is normal ;-) lol
ReplyDelete