
I am also so proud of how this girl can stay focused on her tasks for school. We are currently working on learning to recognize and write her name. She traced this. We are also working on recognizing numbers, letters and their sounds, and counting.
Every day we pretty much have the same routine. she is also working on auditory object sequences. We play a game where I will say three words in a row and she will repeat them back to me. Example: "Ball, slide, skate."
I am learning how important this is! Learning this is key for decision making, phonics, attention span, following directions, conceptual thinking, language skill, etc. We will eventually build up to 5-7 objects in our sequence game.
We all play this game, but right now Dakota is the one that needs the most attention in this area, so we are sure to play it everyday!
YAY for sequencing!!! We're all about that around here, especially w/my struggling learners! Great to practice with them early.
ReplyDelete