

As the older kids are getting into more complicated and detailed information in subjects of study, I have learned a system that seems to work really well for regular review. Any time we come across important, key information that should be retained throughout the year, I write it on an index card. The cards are color coded according to subject.
This makes it easy to keep and collect them in a personal box and pull them out for review. It also comes in handy to take them in the car and have them review key elements of what they have learned.
I have learned that there are three key components in a child learning and retaining information:
1)frequency (how often they review it)
2) intensity (how fun can we make this!)
3) duration (how often they will discuss it in the course of the year)
This system helps with all three of these as long as we keep it fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment