
There are moments and days that I wish I could freeze in time. Moments when laughter comes easily. Moments when I tell my kiddos to stop growing to which they just giggle in response. Moments when I look at my sweet husband tackling the kids on the floor or instigating a pillow fight, reading books to my kids, or watching my older kids reading books to the smaller ones, watching a play that the kiddos plan and perform (side note:today they performed a play called 'Messy Room-' it was about the struggle of keeping a room clean and a mom who was constantly reminding the kids to keep things clean and organized. Caitlyn was the mom and Micah and Cassisy were the messy kids. It ended well with everyone learning a lesson to get rid of some stuff! Ha!), playing flag football, going for walks, riding bikes. The list could go on. I want to freeze these memories in my mind, ingrain them into my brain. I never want to forget them. Then there are moments that push me to the limit...screaming kids, one particular toddler pulling out hair by the handful, messes in the bathroom, spilled milk for the 5th time in the hour, tears over Math, toothpaste all over the bathroom mirror and in baby's hair, dirty diaper duty, or worse yet- leaking dirty diaper duty, mountains of laundry, dirty walls, hand prints in the least expected places, crusty food stuck on chairs, walls and places impossible to clean, bugs exploding in the microwave from a little boy's 'experiment. It seems that everyday provides reasons to laugh as well as cry. Today I am thankful for both. Laughter can come easily even in the midst of challenging times, and laughter is medicine for the soul. I am thankful to be His child, be a wife to my husband, and a mother to my kids. I really couldn't ask for more!
No comments:
Post a Comment