The first year with this little girl has been better than I could have imagined! I still can't believe how quickly time flies by with little ones. In fact, it seems like this little girl has turned one overnight!
She has been a blessing to us from the moment she entered the world. She seems to be a tiny thing, and very petite compared to some of her older siblings. She has no interest in attempting to walk any time soon, or so it seems. She has been pulling up for awhile now, but I believe that she is content with how well (and fast!) she can get around by crawling. In fact, Micah often tries to have "crawling races" with her. He will come to me and say: "Mom, Addie crawls SO fast, I can't even beat her!" Of course she has no idea that she has entered a race of any kind.

She can actually be very serious and focused, but at the same time loves to be extremely silly! She especially loves to make silly noises. Her siblings can pretty much make her smile at any given moment, and thankfully, she still loves to be held my her mommy.
She is our "last." Well, last in a sense that Greg and I have prayed and sought the Lord on this decision, and have taken the proper steps towards taking care of our part. :-) We actually decided this quite awhile back. I am always amazed at how faithful the Lord is to us and how He leads us every day. I don't regret this decision, as I am asked often, and I feel very full and content with the blessings God has given us. It is very indescribable, but as I sought older wisdom and guidance from women much older than me, I now realize what they were trying to say to me and just exactly how we would "know."
I can honestly even say that I am content even in knowing that she may be my last little infant to hold, cradle, and nurse. Those times will be greatly missed, and who knows, maybe the Lord will provide another way for us to welcome a child into our home, but for now He is giving me a complete sense of contentment. Contentment and joy as I look ahead to the many years ahead of us with all kinds of exciting and challenging stages!

Adelynn's first year did go by way to fast, but I can also say that I love watching her become more and more of the little girl that the Lord made her to be!
She took her time entering into the world (especially compared to the two little girls before her), and she seems to take her time doing everything at her own pace. She does not seem to be driven by competition, but yet she is very relaxed, laid-back, and patience.

Dear Addie, You are such an amazing sweetheart bundled up in an energetic and happy little girl! You have blessed Mommy and Daddy more than words can express. Most of all the One who has brought you to us has taught us more than we could have imagined by adding you to our family. We know that we will never be perfect, and we know that we will daily make mistakes, but we love you more than words can express. The Lord is incredibly patient and faithful to us and we know that part of His perfect plan for your life was to be a part of our family. We cannot express enough how much we love you and are thankful that the Lord has entrusted us with your little life. Ultimately though, we lay your life at His feet and trust with every step that He will guide you in His power and truth. We pray today, and everyday that the Lord would use both our strengths and weaknesses as parents and as a family unit to draw you closer to His side. We pray that you may fall in love with Him, just as we have. He loves you more than you can imagine. We look forward to what the Lord has in store for your life and we pray that He blesses us with many years together. May you always find peace and rest in Him, and most of all may you trust in Him and love Him with all that you are.
We cannot imagine life without you.

Such a sweet one year old! Time definitely has flown by this past year!
ReplyDelete