Monday, October 11, 2010

The best parenting manual ever written.


"Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life."


Proverbs 4:23


I love reading scripture and simply writing down verses to mediate on. When I read this verse this morning I thought, "How perfect to have my kids memorize this!" It was a different version of a great verse that I felt like my kids could understand the wording a little better.


The heart controls thoughts, speech, actions.

I need this at every moment just as much as they do!


This verse could become a part of our conversations several times a day as we deal with pretty much every issue we face.


The other piece of scripture that we will be working on is Proverbs 8:13



"All who fear the Lord will HATE evil. Therefore I hate pride and arrogance, corruption and perverse speech."

I want to teach my kids the importance of fearing the Lord, for this is the foundation of everything that we do!



I have been challenged to use scripture often and have found that if I have a talking child, I can have a child who can memorize scripture. All I have to do is input, input, input! And, even before they can talk, scripture is the most powerful book that can be read to them.


Scripture is more powerful than anything I can say or do to them. The Lord has written the perfect manual for parenting and child-training- HIS WORD! I cannot be the parent that God has called me to be without first seeking Him and hiding His Word in my heart every day so that I can share it with each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment